Silobela cattle farmer loses 3 beasts to deboning thieves

Date:

Share post:

Yeukai Munetsi

Silobela- Cattle rustlers who debone cattle are at it again in the Midlands province with the latest incident being that of a farmer at Farm 15, St Marks area under Chief Malisa in Silobela who, on June 22, woke up to the shock of his life after three of his beasts were stolen and deboned at a nearby bushy.
Police have confirmed the incident.
Midlands Provincial Police Spokesperson, Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko said they were appealing for information with regards to the suspect’s whereabouts or help identify the owner of a vehicle that was left by the suspects after a police chase.
“We are appealing to members of the public who might have information about the owner of the motor vehicle that we recovered with stolen meant and the suspects behind the Stock theft case to help us.” he added.
Sources privy to the incident said the suspects stole three cattle from the complainants’ kraal during the night and slaughtered them at a nearby bush, took all the meat, leaving the head and bones at the scene.
On the following day, (23 June 2023) the police received a tip off that there was a green Nissan sedan vehicle registration number ACS 9529 carrying suspected stolen meat, that had been spotted.
Police swiftly reacted, spotted the motor vehicle and followed it. The suspects noticed that they were being pursued and increased speed. After pursuing it for about 25 kilometres, the vehicle developed a tyre puncture.
The occupants then stopped the vehicle and ran away into a thick bush leaving their vehicle idling.
Police searched the vehicle and recovered five sacks full of meat weighing 361, 24KGs staffed inside the vehicle boot.
Cases of cattle deboning thieves have been on the rise especially in the Midlands Province. A number of cases were also reported in Gutu District of Masvingo Province.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Man hangs self after wife threatens to report domestic violence

By Tadiwa Shunje A 25-year-old man from Chivi allegedly took his own life on February 14, after reportedly fearing...

Chiredzi 9-year-old electrocuted while  picking wild fruits

By Karen Sibanda A tragic accident has shaken a community in Chiredzi after a nine-year-old boy was electrocuted while...

Masvingo gears up for 2026 Sanganai/Hlanganani World Tourism Expo

By Tadiwa Shunje Preparations for the Sanganai/Hlanganani World Tourism Expo, set to be hosted in Masvingo in September 2026,...

Registration of hospitality facilities critical ahead of Sanganai Hlanganani Expo

By Karen Sibanda Government has underscored the urgent need for hospitality facilities in Masvingo to register and comply with...