Former Victoria High head joins Mwenezi East ‘royal rumble’

Date:

Share post:

Former Victoria High School head John Muzamani 

 …as 11 candidates
file CVs

Cephas Shava

Former
Victoria High School head John Muzamani has thrown his name into the ring
becoming the 11th entry for the hotly contested Mwenezi East Zanu PF
primary election whose provisional date has been slated for May 8.

Zanu PF
Mwenezi District Coordinating Committee (DCC) said it has so far received 11
Curriculum Vitae’s (CVs) from prospecting candidates and they will submit the
names to the province this Thursday.

DCC
chairperson Gift Mazhambe told TellZim News that the curtain was closing on the
submission of CVs from aspiring candidates with all CVs to be submitted to the
province for vetting.

“We
have been receiving CVs from aspiring candidates since last week and as of
today, March 30, a total of 11 aspiring candidates had submitted their CVs.

“The
Mwenezi RDC chairperson has also indicated his intention to submit his CV so we
are sure that more candidates are likely to come before the Thursday deadline,”
said Mazhambe.

The
Mwenezi East seat, which was left vacant after the former legislator Joosbi
Omar died last year, has drawn interest from educators among them Avhunga
Secondary school head Master Makope, Sagwari Secondary School teacher Marvelous
Chifumuro and Marinda Primary School head Jorum Ncube.

Beitbridge-based
lawyer Jabulani Mberesi, Ward 13 councilor Takura Mudavose and Rutenga based
businessman Simbarashe Mabhena-Mpofu are also among the contenders.

Omar’s
campaign manager Hassim Hoosen and Tinashe Nyoni have also thrown their hats
into the ring.

Mike
Mudyanembwa, Moses Muhehi and Maringire Maringire also make the list of
aspiring candidates.

Meanwhile,
the Nelson Chamisa led MDC Alliance has also recently convened a meeting where
it advised interested candidates to submit their CVs.

Sources
told TellZim News that district chairperson Alfred Chihwakwa-Sithole, district
treasurer Tendekai Mandizvidza and district organising secretary Tineyi Mapepa
were among the interested candidates.

TellZimNews
TellZimNewshttps://tellzim.com
TellZim News is the leading news organization in the Southern region. It provides candid, balanced and timely news from the communities. Keeping it real. Committed to tell Zimbabwe.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Building a Resilient Nation: Why Community Psychology Must Guide Zimbabwe’s Mental Health Revolution

By Tafadzwa Cecilia Matewe, Intern Community Psychologist For nearly three decades, Zimbabwe’s Mental Health Act has been the...

Bikita man attacks uncle, aunt with axe over witchcraft

By Tadiwa ShunjeMASVINGO - A Bikita man from Chikwira village, Chief Mazungunye has been sentenced toeight years in...

Takunda Madembo is next Zim cricket big star

By TellZim Reporter Masvingo’s Takunda Madembo, popularly known as “Hitman”, is rapidly becoming one of the most talked-about names...

Sugar cane farmers clash with Tongaat over cane price

By Beatific Gumbwanda MASVINGO – Sugarcane farmers have appealed to the Minister of State for Masvingo Provincial Affairs and Devolution,...