Gutu political violence: Zanu PF disown members

Date:

Share post:

…Says law will deal with perpetrators

Courage Dutiro

Following reports of fierce political violence that rocked Gutu district last week, Masvingo Zanu PF provincial leadership has distanced the party from the violence and disowned perpetrators allegedly involved in the act.
In a press statement released by the party’s provincial information department, the Gutu political violence perpetrators are Zanu PF imposters that assumed false identity to tarnish the image of the party.
” As Zanu PF Masvingo provincial leadership and loyal party cadres we disassociate ourselves from the hoodlums and criminals who should face the full wrath of the law.
“We do not have such members within our card-holding loyal membership. These, if at all they purport to be of Zanu PF DNA, are impostors who seek to infiltrate our ranks to cause anarchy,” read part of the statement.
The Zanu PF Masvingo provincial leadership said they are not aligned to the perpetrators
“We are not in any way aligned to or in league with the alleged perpetrators of violence,” read part of the statement.
Zimbabwe is just a few months from its 2023 harmonized elections.
Gutu Citizens Coalition for Change (CCC) cluster champion Lloyd Mupfudze said Zanu PF is only trying to hide behind the finger as the political violence perpetrators are popular Zanu PF members.
“They are well known Zanu PF members and they are party leadership position holders,” said Mupfudze.
A number of political violence cases where Zanu PF is being accused as the perpetrator by opposition political parties have been so far recorded in Gutu some few weeks ago.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Man hangs self after wife threatens to report domestic violence

By Tadiwa Shunje A 25-year-old man from Chivi allegedly took his own life on February 14, after reportedly fearing...

Chiredzi 9-year-old electrocuted while  picking wild fruits

By Karen Sibanda A tragic accident has shaken a community in Chiredzi after a nine-year-old boy was electrocuted while...

Masvingo gears up for 2026 Sanganai/Hlanganani World Tourism Expo

By Tadiwa Shunje Preparations for the Sanganai/Hlanganani World Tourism Expo, set to be hosted in Masvingo in September 2026,...

Registration of hospitality facilities critical ahead of Sanganai Hlanganani Expo

By Karen Sibanda Government has underscored the urgent need for hospitality facilities in Masvingo to register and comply with...