Saturday, September 18, 2021
spot_img

Zvishavane Women’s Club building gutted by fire

The Zvishavane Women's Club building after the fire incident

Patience Muzhingi

The Association of Women's Clubs School of Cutting and Design building located in Slater Road, was last week gutted by fire as a result of an electrical fault triggered by a water heater left unattended, TellZim News was told.
Grania Tozivepi, group leader of the association, told TellZim News that the heater was left by a member of the club.
"This is not the first time it happened.  A few days ago, there was another fire which burnt a table and destroyed other things. The fire happened under similar circumstances after a heater was left unattended,” said Tozivepi.
Chief fire and rescue officer for Zvishavane, Rerai Muchara confirmed the incident and said there were no injuries or casualties.
The incident happened while everyone from the complex was outside.
Association head, Elizabeth Verenga said the fire was a big setback to the club as it happened when they were in the process of renovating the building.
"We were in the process of renovating the building before this unfortunate incident. I appeal to well-wishers to help with donations in the form of ceiling boards, tiles, cement or any other materials that can help us carry out extensive repairs on the burnt building," said Verenga.
She also said the association was looking for help from well-wishers to help reconnect electricity and restore many other services that were interrupted by the tragedy.

Related Articles

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
2,940FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles